我是來自大陸廣東省的一名交換學生

I’m an exchange student from Guangdong, China.

原本認為「台灣再過幾年總會回歸」的中國學生,為何來台後想法卻大改變?

我今天就要就台灣統一獨立這個問題來聊一聊我的看法
Today, I’d like to share my thoughts on Taiwan’s independency issue.

中國湖北研究生們的看法(都沒有來過台灣)

原本認為「台灣再過幾年總會回歸」的中國學生,為何來台後想法卻大改變?
 

因為兩年前,我就來台灣交換過
I actually came to Taiwan 2 years ago.

那個時候就抱著一種想法覺得:「台灣,那肯定是屬於大陸的」
Back then, it’s quite obvious that I believe Taiwan is a part of China.

原本認為「台灣再過幾年總會回歸」的中國學生,為何來台後想法卻大改變?

然後當時我還跟我們系主任聊天
I was chatting with the chairman of my department.

聊到這個話題的時候,我們系主任他也認為,他雖然是個台灣人
When we talked about this issue, my Taiwanese chairman of my department.

但他也認為大陸就是擁有台灣的
He also thought Taiwan’s a part of China.

然後當時我也跟他說:「台灣折騰什麼呀?再過幾年總會回歸的」
I told him that, “Stop struggling, Taiwan. In a few years, you will rejoin us.”

但今年因為我再一次來到台灣,這一次我是讀研究生了
This year I came back to Taiwan again to do my master’s.

那我現在對台灣統一獨立問題的想法,就是順其自然。為什麼呢?因為第一點我覺得我們骨子裡的思想都是中華思想
So my thoughts on the matter kinda changed. I think we should let nature take its course, we share the same Chinese ideology.

但是因為分開太久了,而且台灣的年輕人他們可能從來就沒有在大陸生活過,特別是跟我同齡的這種
However, we’ve been seperated for too long. Especially when the young Taiwanese generation who has never lived in China before.

他們生活習慣、思想價值,其實都跟我們不太一樣
The life style, system of values. It’s different than ours.

原本認為「台灣再過幾年總會回歸」的中國學生,為何來台後想法卻大改變?

所以一定要台灣在這個時刻馬上回歸的話,不管是台灣,連我們大陸(人)其實都會不太舒服
So if you force Taiwan to transfer its sovereignty to China now, not only Taiwan but China might also be iffy about that scenario.

原本認為「台灣再過幾年總會回歸」的中國學生,為何來台後想法卻大改變?

大家的習慣什麼都不太一樣,這個時候我們要接觸、碰撞在一起的時候,會有很多很多的問題產生
When people share different habits, conflicts usually occur when they are forced to be together.

你真的以為回歸了所有問題就能解決嗎?那你可以看看香港這個例子,香港早就回歸了吧,97就回歸了
Take Hong Kong for an example. H.K remained under British control until 1997 and then returned to China.

原本認為「台灣再過幾年總會回歸」的中國學生,為何來台後想法卻大改變?

但他們年輕人在我看來,還沒有台灣人對大陸人好
In my opinion, I think young Taiwanese people treat us better than they do.

台灣人雖然年輕人會認為他們是獨立的
These young Taiwanese people believe Taiwan is an independent country.

但他們對我們彬彬有禮的,平時生活也沒有怎麼樣
But they often treat us with manner and respect.

但是你看香港的年輕人,他們有多麼的厭惡我們
But look at the young people in Hong Kong, see how much they hate us.