商周

啟動成功關鍵,隨時掌握商周.com最新資訊

提供第一手新聞解析、財經趨勢、專屬活動

已加入收藏
已取消收藏
帳號頭像 帳號選單下拉箭頭
/
熱搜內容
現正閱讀
「如果台灣變中國一部份,很多老外一定離開!」一個老外給台灣政府的中肯建議
畫重點
段落筆記
新增筆記
「請稍等」英文別直接中翻英說please wait a minute!一次掌握,常用的電話對談英文
0
/500
不公開分類 公開分類
儲存
4/16(二) 晚上7:30直播看這裡!【高效率跨世代管理快論壇】
至頂箭頭

焦點 | 時事分析

「如果台灣變中國一部份,很多老外一定離開!」一個老外給台灣政府的中肯建議

撰文者:不要鬧工作室 Stopkiddinstudio

I wanna get a few things straight, I love Taiwan.
我要先聲明!我真的很愛台灣

Absolutely, I first came here in August last year and for the minute I stepped off the plane, I was like “this is an amazing country”.
真的!我去年八月第一次來台,一下飛機我就知道來到一個很棒的國家

廣告

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The country itself is extremely beautiful, the air is...especially for Asia extremely clean
台灣真的很美,空氣在亞洲來講,真的算乾淨

and I mean the National Parks, people, the food. Everything is amazing I do love this country.
國家公園、台灣人和食物真的超級棒!我真的很愛台灣

廣告

But, there are few things I don’t understand and the main one is how they market themselves to the world.
但有些事情我真的不懂,比如台灣到底有沒有向世界行銷自己?

I understand there are certain diplomatic restrictions.
我懂台灣會碰到政治因素的限制

I come from a very small island on the edge of Europe.
我來自歐洲邊緣一個很小的島國

Taiwan is a very small island on the edge of Asia.
台灣也是個在亞洲邊緣的小島

How is my country able to generate so many more millions in tourism?
但是為什麼愛爾蘭可靠觀光賺進大把鈔票?

The first point that base it on is the great outdoors, Taiwan has that.
愛爾蘭有很棒的戶外自然美景、台灣也有

The other one they match it on is surfing, Taiwan has that.
愛爾蘭是個很棒的衝浪景點、台灣也是

Part of the reason I love Taiwan is that it’s not overly run by Westerners
另一個我喜歡台灣的點是這裡還沒有「太多」的西方人

and turning it into just another Asian tour destination.
然後把這裡變成只是另一個亞洲觀光景點

Corporate tax structure in Ireland is only 12%.
愛爾蘭的公司稅率只有大約12%

We are the European hope for most major US companies.
這就是為什麼美國大公司都會來愛爾蘭

Google, Apple, eBay, Twitter, Facebook all have their European headquarters in Ireland.
像谷歌、蘋果、eBay,推特和臉書等都在愛爾蘭設歐洲總部

Our corporate tax structure isn’t the only reason that happens.
愛爾蘭公司低稅率不是他們來設點的唯一原因

It’s because we have a very well-educated work force with a high level of English.
是因為我們培育很多高技術人才,英語能力也很強

Taiwan has an extremely, highly educated work force with, for the most part a very high level of English.
台灣也有這種好人才,而且大部份的英文能力都很好

and a lot of those companies aren’t even in China, I mean Facebook isn’t in China.
那些大公司都沒到中國設廠,比如臉書

So why isn’t Taiwan positioning itself?
那為何台灣不朝這方面思考?

Taiwan is China the way Westerners wish it was.
西方人其實希望中國是個大一點的台灣

So you have the culture, the language, the food,
台灣有相似的文化、語言和食物

But at the same time, you’ve the higher level of friendliness a higher level of awareness of the rest of the world.
同時台灣人有著更友善的態度和世界觀

And one thing that worries a lot friends of mine was the recent statement by the chairman of KMT, Taiwan was open to reunification with China.
但最近國民黨主席的「兩岸同屬一中」言論讓我很多朋友都很擔心

That scared the hell out of a lot of Westerners.
這把我們一堆老外都嚇屎了!

A lot of Westerners, if that happens, will leave Taiwan.
如果統一了,很多老外一定會開始離開台灣

Because for most of us, we’ve done China and then we came to Taiwan.
因為大部份的我們已經去過中國,然後再來台灣

So the idea of just being an extension of China, you know if we wanted that, we’d be in China, we’d be in Shanghai, or Beijing or Guangzhou. But we are not, we are here.
如果台灣變中國的一部份,那我們回上海、北京、廣州就好啦!但我們在台灣

I wonder what the thinking is sometimes.
我有時候真不懂政府單位在想什麼

Even when I ask my Taiwanese friends, they are not able to tell me.
我問我的台灣朋友,他們也不懂

不要鬧工作室 Stopkiddinstudio

你好!我是Johnny,我想讓台灣人透過外國人的眼睛,重新看這塊土地,順便認識更多來自各地的朋友,在台灣找到小聯合國,也讓外國人看見台灣之美!

粉絲團:https://www.facebook.com/STOPKIDDINSTUDIO?fref=ts
youtube頻道:https://www.youtube.com/user/Stopkiddinstudio

下滑箭頭 下滑載入更多報導 下滑箭頭
中國 一部份 台灣政府
老外眼中的台灣大小事
老外眼中的台灣大小事
不要鬧工作室 Stopkiddinstudio
展開箭頭

你好!我是Johnny,我想讓台灣人透過外國人的眼睛,重新看這塊土地,順便認識更多來自各地的朋友,在台灣找到小聯合國,也讓外國人看見台灣之美!

粉絲團:https://www.facebook.com/STOPKIDDINSTUDIO?fref=ts
youtube頻道:https://www.youtube.com/user/Stopkiddinstudio

廣告
留言討論