編按:中國與台灣在統獨上一直處於敏感又微妙的關係,今天「不要鬧工作室」邀請一位來台陸生,分享在她眼中,讓台灣人和中國人都很尷尬的一些話題......

(台灣人拍片碰到中國朋友,常會遇到的尷尬問題)
Most awkward situation when I introduce my job to Chinese.

中國人:您做哪樣的工作呀?
What do you do for a living?

台灣人:拍影片的
I make boring videos.

中國人:喔?拍什麼樣的影片啊?
What kind of videos?

台灣人:我們專門是拍來台灣的這些外國朋友的一些影片
I mostly film videos about foreigners who have come to Taiwan.

中國人:喔?有哪些外國人呢?
Oh? Where are those foreigners from?

台灣人:目前拍了超過90個國家的朋友,現在有俄羅斯、美國、日本、波蘭、中國還有一些
I’ve filmed more than 90 countries, as you can see. Just to name a few, Russia, America, Japan, Poland, China.

中國人:中國是外國嗎?
Is China a foreign country to you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(在台陸生的困擾)

對於大陸人而言,我們從小的歷史課本上都有說,台灣是中國不可分割的一部份
For Chinese, our history textbook has taught us Taiwan is a part of China that can never be divided up.

所以讓我們認為台灣是一個國家,可能是有一點難度的
So it’s very difficult for us to acknowledge that Taiwan is a country.

說「中國、大陸、內地」都不行!一個來台陸生的苦腦:到底該怎麼跟台灣人介紹我是哪裡人?

新聞聯播上經常會說
Our news would always remind us

台灣的歷史之前是誰誰誰來、佔領了這裡
Like the history of Taiwan, who was occupying Taiwan before.

然後自古以來都是中國的一部份
And Taiwan has always been a part of China.

所以我們一直覺得(台灣)就是屬於中國的、就是中國的一部份
That’s why we always think (Taiwan) belongs to China, and it’s a part of China.

其實對於大陸人來台灣是有一些很苦惱的事情...
And actually, it’s not that easy for Chinese to adapt if we go to Taiwan.

苦惱一:該怎麼跟台灣人介紹我是哪裡人?

說「中國、大陸、內地」都不行!一個來台陸生的苦腦:到底該怎麼跟台灣人介紹我是哪裡人?

中國人?不行不行
Chinese from China? No no.

那中國人不就是說台灣不是中國的嗎?
If we say that, doesn’t that mean Taiwan is not a part of China?

如果中國大陸呢?
What about Mainland China?

台灣人又會說大陸妹是個不好的詞
Some people won’t like that either.

說「中國、大陸、內地」都不行!一個來台陸生的苦腦:到底該怎麼跟台灣人介紹我是哪裡人?

那我就說中國內地吧?
Then I say I’m from the hinterland of China.

然後又有老師說:咦?「內地」對台灣人也不是一個很好的詞
Then some teachers tell me that word “hinterland” might not be good either.