I wanna get a few things straight, I love Taiwan.
我要先聲明!我真的很愛台灣

Absolutely, I first came here in August last year and for the minute I stepped off the plane, I was like “this is an amazing country”.
真的!我去年八月第一次來台,一下飛機我就知道來到一個很棒的國家

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

「如果台灣變中國一部份,很多老外一定離開!」一個老外給台灣政府的中肯建議

The country itself is extremely beautiful, the air is...especially for Asia extremely clean
台灣真的很美,空氣在亞洲來講,真的算乾淨

and I mean the National Parks, people, the food. Everything is amazing I do love this country.
國家公園、台灣人和食物真的超級棒!我真的很愛台灣

「如果台灣變中國一部份,很多老外一定離開!」一個老外給台灣政府的中肯建議

But, there are few things I don’t understand and the main one is how they market themselves to the world.
但有些事情我真的不懂,比如台灣到底有沒有向世界行銷自己?

I understand there are certain diplomatic restrictions.
我懂台灣會碰到政治因素的限制

I come from a very small island on the edge of Europe.
我來自歐洲邊緣一個很小的島國

Taiwan is a very small island on the edge of Asia.
台灣也是個在亞洲邊緣的小島

How is my country able to generate so many more millions in tourism?
但是為什麼愛爾蘭可靠觀光賺進大把鈔票?

The first point that base it on is the great outdoors, Taiwan has that.
愛爾蘭有很棒的戶外自然美景、台灣也有

The other one they match it on is surfing, Taiwan has that.
愛爾蘭是個很棒的衝浪景點、台灣也是

Part of the reason I love Taiwan is that it’s not overly run by Westerners
另一個我喜歡台灣的點是這裡還沒有「太多」的西方人

「如果台灣變中國一部份,很多老外一定離開!」一個老外給台灣政府的中肯建議

and turning it into just another Asian tour destination.
然後把這裡變成只是另一個亞洲觀光景點

Corporate tax structure in Ireland is only 12%.
愛爾蘭的公司稅率只有大約12%

We are the European hope for most major US companies.
這就是為什麼美國大公司都會來愛爾蘭

Google, Apple, eBay, Twitter, Facebook all have their European headquarters in Ireland.
像谷歌、蘋果、eBay,推特和臉書等都在愛爾蘭設歐洲總部

「如果台灣變中國一部份,很多老外一定離開!」一個老外給台灣政府的中肯建議